Property Search Criteria Guide
When Searching for a new property the things that need to be considered may seem endless, Most of the things that will make you look at a property and want it are generic, but there is still no getting over the fact that you either feel a property is right or not. We have outlined a rough guide that will cover most of the generic points you need to consider when buying a property.
First and foremost, Budget, it is very easy to get caught up in the moment and keep adding more and more to your search budget only to find that you cannot afford what you have set your heart on. Unfortunately your budget is the only thing that you may have no control over therefore compromise can only happen in other areas of your search
Using a mortgage calculator and our best buy guides you can work out how much roughly you can afford monthly, or call us on 01702 619 221 for impartial advice on your borrowing.
Once you have your maximum figure you need to work out your search criteria.
The three fundamental areas of criteria are:
- Distance to work and proximity to transport services
- Proximity to schools
- Proximity to shops
Number of Bedrooms/Size of house
- How many Bedrooms do you require now
- How many bedrooms are you likely to require in the next 5 years
- Do you require an office/working area
- Is a garage important to you
Type of Property
- Flat or House
- If House.. Semi / Terrace / Detatched
- Old or New property, While older properties tend to have more character they also tend to come with more upkeep costs and maintenance, Newer properties tend to have lesser outside space / footprint
- How big a garden do you desire / do you have time to look after
Unfortunately the biggest single factor that we have not yet mentioned is probably the most important of all and that is cost, so Call Us Today to see how much you can borrow 01702 619 221