Whether a first time buyer or moving onwards and upwards you will need to have a conveyancing solicitor. Finding a good reliable solicitor is essential as this will ensure that the process runs as smoothly as possible.
At Amber we have been working with various conveyancing solicitors in the Southend, Leigh on Sea, and surrounding area areas and we would only recommend a solicitor that we fully trust, call us today on 01702 619 221 and we will put you in touch with the best this area has to offer.
A conveyancing solicitor is responsible for the following areas of the house buying process:
- Carrying out local searches which include, Disputes, Boundaries, Planning constraints/permission, Rights of way, Utilities providers, Home contents, Guarantees, Any additional restrictive agreements
- Taking possession of the deeds of the property to ensure legal ownership of the vendor
- Outlining to you the legal boundaries of the property
- Preparation of the fixtures and fittings list which outlines exactly what you are buying
- Sending a form to the vendor requesting information of any defects to the property you are looking to purchase that you should be aware of before purchasing
- Arranging a date for completion suitable to all parties
Unfortunately the process of buying a property can take significantly longer than you may be expecting, this is perfectly normal as is your eagerness to move in, however purchasing a house is a complex process which must be completed correctly to avoid any surprises in the future, so you will need to be patient.
if you would like to check out your solicitor you can contact:
The Law Society – Tel: 0870 606 2566
Or: Licenced Conveyancers Association Tel: 01245 349 599